Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Missing the pool

Day 3 without a pool... (to be read in a Big Brother voice over stylee)

Back to the gym, for bike "short hills" efforts today. I have to say I am really missing the pool - I hadn't realised how much swimming balances my workout week. It almost felt wrong to be back in the gym! The bikes were pretty busy when I arrived and there wasn't much choice - this week's was even worse. I guess over time I'll get to know which ones are most comfortable least uncomfortable.

I cheated a weeny bit - I cycled longer this morning (coming to work via the city, adding on 20-25 minutes) and I'll do the same tonight, so I cut down the non-effort bits of the session and concentrated on the crux of it: 8x 1 min hard + 2 mins recovery. This left me time for... the dreaded planks I wimped out of on Monday. And they were pretty good for where I'm at right now - 3x 22-25 seconds.

The Old Planks of Narrabeen Rock Pool

Isn't that beautiful? I would love to be able to do my planks on these planks (apart from the splinter potential). Just amazing.. and pretty nice swimming too. All the photos I'm using in this blog are found on Flickr and have Creative Commons licensing - it's very cool that people make such great photos freely available.

What I learned today: that my gym card is at home on the shelf in the hall. D'oh!

No comments: