Sunday, September 30, 2007

Aquathlon DNF

I suppose it was asking too much to come back after 3 weeks out of any sort of training (part incompetence at taking the right kit away with me, part laziness and part having a cold) and do a 300m / 2400m aquathlon. I withdrew after 6 lengths, never having got remotely comfortable in the water, feeling extremely breathless and very annoyed (at myself). I still feel shaky. (I'm now sitting in the office killing time until I can retrieve my unused kit from transition and slink home.) Should have gone for a bike ride - it's a lovely day.

Ho hum. Back on the horse, as it were. I've signed up to be part of a Tri-Anglia team for the Hereward Relay and I've got the long stage, 11.6 miles. Since all the November half marathons I was thinking about are already full, that will do instead. (Edit - I'm actually more motivated about that than I sound above! :) So, I shall start getting back into it:

Monday - beginners. Hoping to get Mark along...
Tuesday - club run, but something short and slow
Wednesday - I definitely need to swim - I guess it can't be any worse than today!
Thursday - efforts - take it a bit easy though
Friday - swim or gym
Saturday or Sunday - bike

1 comment:

Alexandra Bone said...

Ah well, I guess everyone has a bad day at the races sometimes. You did well doing 6 lengths I say! More than I could manage...