Sunday, September 2, 2007

Another double bill

Ketteringham loop - 17mph average - 52:45 cycling time (one stop at pesky traffic lights) - 2:15 faster than last time
Around the block - 8:24/mi average - 29:05 running time - 0:40 slower than last time

A great session overall. On the bike I had a slight headwind on the way out, but managed to get up to 25mph in the sheltered parts of the road beyond East Carleton. With that wind behind me, heading for Ketteringham along the straight, I made it up to 26.3mph (and 27.2mph down the hill going back to East Carleton... just after that, going up the other side, I fudged the front derailleur adjustment and changed down rather than tweaking it out of the way of the chain - d'oh!). My legs were more leaden on the run this time, no doubt due to pushing harder on the bike, and I was getting very tired at about 2 miles, so I was surprised to be only 40 seconds off last time.

Only a week to go.....

No comments: