Sunday, April 11, 2010

Bit of a theme here

Yesterday:
Out with Lizzie for an early morning (for me! 8am...) run. Found I'd left my trainers (with orthotics) at work. D'oh AGAIN. Got to get it together... Still, I went out in an old pair figuring one run wouldn't hurt (it didn't).

We went on an old favourite route, the monument loop. Just a squeak over 10 min miling but a glorious day to be out. Skylarks singing, sun shining, just enough breeze to be refreshing - perfect. Great way to start the weekend. And I even managed to bike to the city and the greengrocer's afterwards!

Today:
Early start for the Diss duathlon. All went well, including the cake stall which I helped with (temptation resisted) and baked for. After that we went for a walk with Jenna and Simon, 5.6 miles from Tyrrel's wood. Another lovely day, bit of a chilly nor-easter blowing but with the sun out who cares? Lots of little planes buzzing around from the various airfields, all kinds of birds singing in the hedges, and an interesting church to investigate at Shelton. Shame the farm shop shut up just before we got there for a post-wallk tea :(

No comments: