Thursday, July 23, 2009

Making an effort

Back to Thursday efforts for the first time in ages - over to the grass track for some short sharp sprints.

4 x 200m (relay, groups of 3) - 3 mins for the whole lot (I don't think we split the track into even halves, as my splits were 41, 49, 42, 48) makes about 6mins/mile.

2 x 100m (relay, groups of 4) - didn't time it. We cocked up using teams of 4, as that meant there was nobody at 0/400m on the second rep! So it was 1 x 100m and 1 x 200m. Lesson: teams need to be the number of relay stages plus one if you want to go round more than once!

2 x 150-200m - not exact, not timed, just an attempt at a handicap. Quite good fun running really quickly (everything's relative...) in a huge chaotic bunch!

Then I had to walk back as both my calves were cramping. Oh well - the main set was good. I'm not as slow as I might be, or thought I was, and am faster than some. It would be interesting to get some technique training, not that I will ever compete in anything sprint-like, but just to see how I could go faster.

No comments: