Sunday, January 22, 2012

Take aim...

Hanako!

Pondering is done. I have a monster in my sights. This one. So, a middle distance/half ironman it is - let's see if I can NOT get a puncture, and beat 7hrs this time. The course is flat, so no hills to slow me down, but on a windy day cycling in the Fens will be a b*gger... but the swim is downstream at least!

I've also signed up to Norwich Tri (aiming again for sub 3hrs, this time I'll remember to refuel on the bike). The 20-week plans I am looking at have an Olympic distance tri at 16 weeks - this one's a bit early but there is wiggle room as I'm starting early. R(ace) minus 20 weeks makes April 2nd for the start of The Plan, or 12th March if I want to hit the oly at 16w and have an extra 3w between then and the full (half) monty, which sounds better.

I've got 6 weeks between now and 12th March to get myself running, swimming and biking to a level that's ready to go. Sounds good. Bring it on.


Hanako! by sally_monster, on Flickr

2 comments:

ellens52 said...

I think you've burnt more calories planning it than I'll burn in the whole year! Set me a baking challenge for the finish line :-)
Seriously, very impressive stuff....

Katy W said...

No way, one parkrun and you'll top that! Since the pondering was accompanied by a beer, I am probably not in deficit at all :)